Eastlan Baptist Church started in 1939. When the original building was destroyed by fire, the congregation rebuilt and kept growing. In 1955, Eastlan purchased the hillside property where it now sits, overlooking Greenville’s bustling downtown. The congregation held its first services on Pleasantburg Drive in 1961, and an education building, gymnasium, and sanctuary were added in the 1970s and the 1990s.
In 2017, Eastlan Baptist Church was looking to preserve its legacy in Greenville and NewSpring Greenville was praying for a permanent location. When the two churches realized they could become one family, they knew it was from the Lord.
Eastlan Baptist Church was adopted by NewSpring and the congregation joined the NewSpring family in 2017, and the two are now meeting together as one NewSpring campus at 625 S. Pleasantburg Drive in Greenville.