Top resources on addiction
Addiction can start with one bad decision and then spiral downward to a life of brokenness. If you’re currently in a place of darkness from this sin, there is hope, and His name is Jesus. He can break the chains of addiction in your life.
Our Six Best Resources on Addiction
1. How to stop doing what you can’t stop doing [article]
It’s easy to become stuck in your past, but you can also be stuck in your present. Discover four practical steps to walk in freedom with Jesus.
2. Galatians: An 11-Day Devotional [devotional]
Are you trying to break a habit or addiction? This Galatians study leads you through several devotions where you’ll see that a relationship with Jesus is not about following a list of rules; it’s about following Him.
3. How do I know if I’m helping or enabling? [article]
Christians are supposed to be known for our love for one another. But can I love without enabling? This article takes a closer looks at what it means to love someone well.
4. How an addict took a ride to the bright side [story]
Jimbo never expected to find hope for his life from just one man offering him a car ride. Experience the harsh reality of his addiction and how he found Jesus in the middle of it all.
5. The ex-addict who found his place at the table [story]
After years of trying to find his hope in the wrong place, Steve found his place at a table and then invited others to join him there too.
6. The voice of truth - Chris Dew’s story [video story]
$70,000 and a broken life later, Chris was desperate for pleasure that lasted longer than a high from drugs.