Pray that the next generation would be fearless
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
"It is the Lord that goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." - Deuteronomy 31:8
We know too well how it feels to be plagued by fear, anxiety, worry, and comparison. This is not the inheritance we want to pass down to our kids or their kids.
So let’s pray for young people in our church to know and grasp freedom in ways we have not yet experienced. Let's pray for them to be so filled with the Holy Spirit there is no room for discouragement or shame.
Let’s be a generation that isn’t threatened by those coming up behind us, but would instead hit our knees in prayer on their behalf.
What to Pray
- How have you seen God prove Himself faithful when you took a risk and faced your fears? Take a few minutes to start today by thanking God for the ways He’s been faithful to you.
- Brave isn’t the opposite of scared. Brave is not being bullied by what scares us. 2 Timothy 1:7 says God does not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and self-control. Pray for kids and young adults to walk in the fruit of God’s Spirit, to experience a life where they are not controlled by fear.
- Imagine what a life with no fear would be like. What could change if a generation knew God was with them and lived accordingly? Pray for kids and young adults to experience the confidence of knowing God is for them.
- Do you know kids and students who are struggling with fear or dismay? Ask God to fill them with confidence in who their heavenly Dad is.
- Read the following verses. Now, try praying them in your own words over the next generation.
- In a world that desperately needs the Gospel but runs counter to it in every way, pray that this next generation would have the courage to live differently and follow Jesus, to share His good news and to love as He did.