The survivor’s guide to staying sane during the holidays
‘Tis the season for stress, anxiety, conflict, burnout — you name it.
Whatever ungodliness exists in you (cause none of us are perfect, right?), you can guarantee it will be exposed sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Really.
We put together this survival guide so you can experience the peace and joy Jesus came to earth to bring — to everyone, including you.
Trust us, you don’t want to wait until Christmas morning to open these 12 gifts.
1. How to know the season is getting the best of you
Are you the person who refuses to admit you’re sick unless you’re literally unable to move from the bed? (You’re not alone.) This tool will help you notice the warning signs before you collapse and curl up in a ball. Bonus: This health check has no co-pays!
2. Getting past the Pinterest-perfect holidays
Expectations will steal your joy. Learn how to avoid falling into the comparison trap.
3. Why you don’t have to make everybody happy + Three ways you can say no during the holidays
Jesus is the best news ever, but this wisdom is up there.
4. What do you do when your days aren’t merry and bright?
Depression is a common struggle during the holidays, especially with all the stressors they bring. Here’s how you can fight the holiday blues.
5. How to enjoy the season when your family isn’t normal
If you go into gatherings armed with this knowledge, you’ll be more likely to come away with God’s peace and give God’s peace to others.
6. How to handle the family drama
It’s OK to be honest: Thanksgiving and Christmas would be so much easier if it wasn’t for all the family drama! (But what would be the fun in that!?!)
7. How to handle conflict
As the saying goes, some people would test the patience of a saint. Good news: This is your cheat sheet to pass the test.
8. How to talk to your family about your faith without it getting awkward
When you’re overflowing with the spirit of God, people notice! Here are a few tips to help you explain why you’re celebrating well.
9. Five verses to remember when you can’t go home for the holidays
There’s nothing better than hearing Jesus’ voice reminding you you’re not alone — no matter where you are.
10. How not to embarrass yourself at a holiday party
We know you wouldn’t do this. But it’s good to remind yourself how to protect your reputation with your co-workers — and even use the holiday gathering to improve it.
11. How to give the best gifts ever
Like your mama used to say, it’s the thought that counts.
12. The 10 best gifts that cost less but mean more
Love doesn’t (always) have to look like a big box with a bow on top.
Now do us all a good deed, and spread the holiday cheer by sharing this list with your family and your friends!