Dear God, bless my pastors and church leaders
From Amen: A 27-Day Prayer Guide
Being a pastor or church leader isn’t as glamorous as it may seem. Often, pastors are expected to be superhuman and are held to unattainable standards. They deal with criticism, rejection, burn out, disappointment, and loneliness.
Pastors need us to pray for them.
Only God can give our pastors the supernatural strength and wisdom they need to be effective leaders. Through prayer, we can ask God to protect, encourage, and guide their decisions as they lead our church.
- What do you appreciate most about your pastors and church leaders? Thank God for the people He has placed in church leadership positions.
- How has God blessed our church as a result of others’ willingness to listen to God and do what He says? Thank God for His faithfulness and for the miracles we have seen as a result of others’ obedience.
- What are some issues or topics church leaders will need to address in the next year? Let God know what’s on your heart and what you’re excited to see happen as He builds His church.
- Pastors and church leaders have to make important decisions under intense pressure. Ask God to give them wisdom and discernment.
- The enemy loves to attack pastors and church leaders because of their influence. Ask God to protect their physical, mental, emotional, and relational health, as well as their families.
- Is there anything you can do today to encourage or show your appreciation for a pastor or church leader? Ask God to show you how. Then, follow through and do what God shows you to do.