Dear God, free me from this financial or relational burden
From Amen: A 27-Day Prayer Guide
Have you ever felt like you just can’t take it anymore? Everything is falling apart, and you’re exhausted. The problems keep piling on, and you are collapsing under the weight of it all.
Guess what? You don’t have to carry that burden anymore. When we surrender our lives to Jesus He offers to take all our burdens — the big, the small, even the ones we brought on ourselves. He already took the heaviest burden of all when He carried our sins to the cross.
There is no such thing as “too much” for Jesus. Not even death could hold Him down.
Jesus loves us too much to leave us hunched over under the weight of circumstances and heartache. If you have started a relationship with Jesus, you can rest knowing that the One who carries you is un-crushable.
- How has God helped you through burdens in the past? Take a few minutes to recognize His hand in your life.
- How have you seen Jesus give you rest when you surrender your burdens? Thank Him for being there to take whatever you will give Him.
- What are you excited about being able to do once you are free from the weight you’re carrying? Let God know what you are looking forward to as you give your burdens to Him.
- What is the burden you need God to take from you? Ask God to help you let go.
- What are you learning about yourself and your sin nature as a result of the situation? Ask for forgiveness for any mistakes you made, and ask for His help becoming more like Jesus.
- What do you need today to be able to keep going? Ask God to come through for you and provide in a tangible way.