Dear God, guide my kids
From Amen: A 27-Day Prayer Guide
God trusted this tiny human to me? What was He thinking?
Nothing can ever fully prepare you for parenthood. All parents get overwhelmed by the responsibility they’ve been given and find themselves awestruck by the ability to love someone so much.
Psalm 128:3-4 tells us that children are a blessing from the Lord. God knows our children before we do. He loves them, and He wants to help us raise them.
Parenting stretches us and grows us in our faith in ways that we never thought possible. Whether you’re planning the wedding of your third child or you want to have kids one day, it’s never too early to pray for God to guide your children.
- What is God teaching you about Himself through your kids? Just like you want to hear why your kids appreciate you, God wants to hear what we appreciate about Him.
- If you don’t have kids, think about one way God has shown Himself to be a loving Father to you. Even if we aren’t yet parents, we can celebrate that we have a heavenly Father who loves us.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming year? How do you want to see God grow you and your family, if you have one?
- What’s one area of parenting where you worry you don’t (or won’t) have what it takes? Ask God to give you what you fear you lack.
- Is there anything you wish you could go back and do differently? No parent is perfect. Ask your kids for forgiveness for ways you’ve fallen short, and ask God to forgive you as well. He will!
- What do you worry about most when you think about your child’s future? Ask God for wisdom to help you guide your kids.