Dear God, help me to believe for that relationship I’ve been waiting on
From Amen: A 27-Day Prayer Guide
Maybe you’re stressed about forming a new friendship or finding a potential spouse. Perhaps you’re trying to heal a broken marriage or reconnect with a wayward child.
When it comes to relationships, wouldn’t it be nice if we could just follow a simple step-by-step guide?
If we could apply a precise formula for a specific amount of time and get a predictable result, relationships would be easy. But if relationships were that easy, we would be tempted to take credit instead of giving God glory.
God created us to live in community with others. And from beginning to end, the fluid nature of relationships provides a chance to see God work in our lives. Rather than giving us a quick fix, God works through the entire process to demonstrate His faithfulness and perfect timing.
- Do you have a relationship with God? If so, think about how patient He was in pursuing you. Thank Him for not giving up on you.
- What do Psalm 40 and Psalm 27 tell you about God? Thank Him for being faithful when we are faithless and trustworthy when people are not.
- As you think about the relationships you want to build or strengthen, talk with God about them. Let Him know your hopes and desires for the future.
- Have you hurt or been hurt by someone close to you? Ask God to bring healing and forgiveness to everyone involved.
- Is there a relationship you want to begin? Ask God whether it would honor Him.
- Are you looking to take an existing friendship to a deeper level? Ask God to provide direction, patience, and discernment.