Dear God, help us to be bold when it comes to sharing the Gospel
From Amen: A 27-Day Prayer Guide
Sharing our faith in Jesus can be intimidating.
What if they judge me or think I’m crazy?
What if they stop speaking to me?
The risks of speaking up are real, but have you ever considered the risks of not saying anything?
The Gospel — the good news that Jesus died for our sin, giving us freedom and a relationship with God — has the power to change our friends and family members’ lives on Earth and for all eternity. The Gospel reveals God’s love for us and brings salvation to all who believe (Romans 1:16-17).
Fortunately, we don’t have to share the good news about Jesus in our own power. The Holy Spirit will give us boldness and the words to say if we ask Him — just like He did for Peter and John (Acts 4:23-31).
Ask God to make you bold in sharing the Gospel, even when it’s scary, and even when it costs relationships, opportunities, or money. The reward of people meeting Jesus far outweighs any fear or opposition we face for sharing the hope we have in Him.
- Salvation is the greatest gift we will ever receive. Take some time and thank Jesus for saving you and for all He has done in your life.
- Who do you know who needs a relationship with Jesus? What would their lives look like if they had the hope He offers? Thank Jesus in advance for what He will do for them.
- What would your community look like if everyone had a relationship with Jesus? Let Jesus know what you’re excited to see Him do in your community through the church.
- Why do you think it’s hard to share the Gospel? Ask Jesus to give you and our church boldness in sharing His good news with everyone we know.
- Ask God to reveal any way you have been avoiding sharing the Gospel. Then, ask for forgiveness and boldness.
- When was the last time you shared your story of what Jesus has done for you? Ask God to guide you and our church body into opportunities to talk about who Jesus is and how He’s changed us.